|Location||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Relevant Experience Required||1|
|Required Education Level||Graduate|
|Salary||1L - 2L|
Job Description: Business Development Associate
Location: Bangalore (Karnataka)
Joining Date: within 1 month
Avanti is an award-winning social enterprise established by IIT alumni in 2013 to provide an affordable, high-quality math and science education to high-school students. At present, we have 200 full-time employees and support over 2000 students in 11 states across India (www.avanti.in).
Our founders are recipients of the Echoing Green, Ashoka and Draper Richards Kaplan Fellowships, and the Forbes 30 under 30 Global Award. Our investors include the Pearson Affordable Learning Fund and The Michael and Susan Dell Foundation. Our academic board is chaired by Prof. Eric Mazur, the Dean of Applied Physics at Harvard University.
Responsibilities and Duties
Overview of the Role
The Associate is responsible for Avanti’s marketing and sales efforts to enroll the incoming cohort of students and expansion every year. The requirements, responsibilities and career progression are given below -
- Develop a strategy for Avanti's Bengaluru operations along with the academic team with regards to the number of centers/partnerships, nature of programs/batches and pricing
- Identify new instituional partnerships to implement Avanti program and locations to set up new centres
- Develop a detailed monthly sales plan for the entire fiscal year that includes outreach activities in schools/educational partners, marketing activities, scholarship testing, tele-calling, counseling and lead conversion
- Plan and execute ATL marketing activities such as hoardings, bus banners etc.
- Plan and execute BTL marketing activities such as flyers, pamphlets etc.
- Train and manage a team of tele-callers to convert all leads that have been generated through outreach and marketing activities
- Conduct in person one on one counseling sessions with parents and students, as and when required
- Support the operations team to ensure on time and full collections
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Education – Any undergraduate degree.
- Languages – Fluency in English and Kannada
- Skills – Self-driven individuals with excellent communication skills and a passion for the education sector
- Functional knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
Career Progression at Avanti
Business Development form the backbone of Avanti’s marketing and outreach efforts. Over time, they grow in responsibilities and manage sales for larger business units (multiple locations). We also additionally provide health insurance which covers all our employees up to 2,00,000 of medical expenses per year. Apart from this, we provide healthy time-off and provide flexibility and an open culture to ensure our employees don't burn off easily.