|Location||Verna, Goa, India|
|Experience Required From||3|
Job Title : Accountant
General Summary : Responsible for Indirect Tax (Goods and Service Tax) financial transactions and operations in accordance with company’s policies, Indian Accounting Standards and legal requirements and reports to Manager-Tax.
Duties & Responsibilities :
In general, this will include the following tasks:
- Coordinating with all internal and external stake holders for Indirect Tax accounting transactions.
- Provide day to day support to team members and carry out task assigned by Manager Tax.
- Ensure all major Indirect tax accounts are reviewed and reconciled. This would include regular scrutiny of General Ledger to ensure that the amounts shown therein reflect true value stated therein.
- Understand reporting requirements under US GAAP and I GAAP and record and review transactions accordingly.
- Ensure all month end tasks leading to preparation of Monthly reports like Profit & Loss account, Balance Sheet and other management reports are completed on a timely manner.
- Liaise with Statutory auditors and Internal auditor/SOX auditor in providing information and completing all audit tasks as per time line.
- Co-ordinate with sales & logistics team on commercial and tax issues.
- Ensure timely remittance of Statutory dues and filling returns within the stipulated time limit.
Qualification : Inter CA
Knowledge : Working knowledge in areas of accounting and taxation. Knowledge of ERP (SAP) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proactive, ready to accept additional responsibility.
- Work demands frequent travel to Bangalore/Mumbai/Chennai
- Work to time schedule and compliances and meet deadlines. Ability to work independently.
- Fluent written and verbal English
- Good numeric skills
- Detailed oriented with ability to check and interpret documents.
- Analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong IT literacy - MS Office, Accounting packages and ideally SAP.