|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Relevant Experience Required||1|
Business Unit Overview:
The Global Fund Services division is responsible for providing operational support to BlackRock Funds' portfolio management teams and clients. Together with Financial Statements Review, Regulatory Filings and Audit and Support groups, the EMEA and US Fund Administration teams have the responsibilities for all NAV and fund accounting matters, financial and regulatory reporting, across the EMEA and US funds (:BlackRock Funds"), carried out by a number of teams in different locations. Global Fund Services is central to BlackRock's operations in providing subject matter expertise, monitoring fund administrator service delivery in relation fund accounting, financial reporting and regulatory filings, monitoring operational capacity for new products, contributing to projects in relation to product launches and liaising with fund administrators, auditors, fund directors and portfolio managers. The group comprises of a number of teams and is organized both functionally and regionally.
The financial reporting team forms part of the Global Fund Services Group and carries out co-ordination, oversight and technical review activities over the end-to-end financial statements. The team works closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders such as the fund administrators, auditors, directors and multiple internal departments, to maximize efficiency, build consistency across the fund range and monitor technical accuracy. Currently, the financial and regulatory reporting teams across the US and EMEA support approximately 2,800 funds within BlackRock.
This role provides opportunities to interface with, and work alongside, the product groups and presents opportunities to develop career paths within Global Fund Services or into other operating teams or product or client-facing business areas. The broad fund range offers individuals opportunities for further personal learning, both in terms of the product types and accounting complexities, as well as the ongoing development of technical strengths. BlackRock supports continuous learning for all employees and provides a study assistance package for relevant qualifications such as the CFA Chartholder among others.
- Perform a quantitative and qualitative thorough review of financial statements, ensuring technical accuracy, completeness, and that BlackRock's disclosure policies and quality standards are maintained and improved as appropriate.
- Validate the information in the financial statements through recalculation and matching back to source documentation.
- Generate and co-ordinate the signoff the BlackRock letter of comfort.
- Centralize and co-ordinate the sourcing of data from various platforms and teams for inclusion in the financial statements.
- Request, review and challenge the investment manager commentary for inclusion in the financial statements.
- Respond to client queries relating to financial statements and information contained therein.
- Review the production schedules and ensure work is completed accordingly.
- A college degree is required, preferably in accounting
- The role would suit a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with audit experience in investment management or financial services audit or, alternatively, experience within a financial reporting environment at a fund administrator.
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of the current requirements of the global accounting standards and regulatory requirements, as they apply to Investment Funds.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a range of fund accounting activities and their associated reflection in the production of financial statements, as well as understanding of different fund strategies and of relevant investment instruments and products, including different derivative instruments.
- Display a pro-active interest in keeping informed of industry developments, updated accounting standards and investment product changes.
- Takes ownership for outcomes and is personally accountable for results ( Accountability & Ownership )
- Analyze relevant information using logic and consider relevant facts to make rational, realistic and sound decisions ( Analytic Ability )
- Produces accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and makes appropriate corrections ( Attention to Detail )
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including ability to clearly articulate results of financial analyses as wells as issues to senior management and the auditors ( Communication Skills );
- Self-motivated, determined to achieve goals and works hard to meet those goals. ( Drive, Determination and Execution );
- Works effectively to plan and prioritize responsibilities including ongoing and ad hoc projects simultaneously ( Plan and Prioritize );
- Promotes and facilitates the group's work while contributing to the group using inspiration and motivation ( Teamwork );
- Understands common business and financial terminology including how organizations operate, compete and grow ( Business Acumen )
- Develops practical and pragmatic solutions to problems ( Problem Solving );
- Builds working partnerships and sustains collaboration in the workplace. ( Relationship Building );
- Generates fresh ideas using structured thinking by reevaluating existing approaches and processes ( Innovation and Creativity );
- Actively demonstrates the BlackRock principles on a daily basis